- Fatigue…like ALL the time
- Constant Anxiety
- Shock…that just never went away after Election Night
- Extreme stress, agitation
- Overwhelming feelings of depression, apathy, helplessness
Influenza Type T can comes from many different sources.
- Falling into a Twitter or Facebook rabbit hole
- Terrifying Executive Orders
- Breaking news cell phone alerts
- Fear of a world war
- Media that won’t turn off
But there is a cure. It’s not as simple as a shot, but it works. The cure is staying conscious. Everywhere you look there are signs the resistance is working. Public outcry, mass protest, and mindful economics have caused numerous cracks in the porcelain White House. Here are some examples, broken into Harry Potter categories.
We the People Will Never Be Divided
- Michael Flynn, White House National Security Advisor for a Month, barely needs an explanation. He’s the first person to be expelled from the Swamp. Aside from the obvious victory of the first cabinet member to fall, it gives us insight to the White House. And hopefully it sets a precedent; More are going to follow Flynn, and soon.
- The Crybaby in Chief’s pick for Labor Secretary, Andy Puzdrew, withdrew his name from consideration less than 24 hours after Flynn resigned.
- The question of repealing Obamacare without a replacement has come to a sputtering halt after massive public push back. Obamacare improved on, but do not want it repealed without a replacement. In response to letters from Tim Kaine and other Democrats begging the GOP to work with them to edit and replace Obamacare, Senator Lamar Alexander (R, TN), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions declared Obamacare should only be repealed when “there are concrete, practical reforms in place that give Americans access to truly affordable health care.”
- Another thing: Polls show approval ratings for Obamacare have spiked. Seems like once they might not have it there, people like the ACA a lot more.
- Town halls across the country have erupted in anger. Republican town halls. Republican offices say they’re unable to do work due to public outcry. GOP in Washington are being forced to take sides, and more are distancing themselves from the White House. Republican leaders are frustrated the Crybaby in Chief isn’t paying attention to them after they went against the Democrats and approved his cabinet nominations.
- The ACLU received a record breaking amount of donations after the White House’s unconstitutional ban on people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US. They raised $24 million from over 350,000 donations. They usually raise $4 million in one year.
- The travel ban was declared unconstitutional in the courts. Whether or not the White House will listen to the three federal judges who declared it is still up for debate, but the justice system has spoken. The ban is wrong.
- The Crybaby in Chief has the lowest approval rating of any President. Ever.
Love Thy Neighbor…And Wake Them Up
Americans are coming together. Communities are being formed, and organization never stops. At the moment, there is a Scientist’s March on Washington being organized in D.C. and in sister cities around the country. The founders of the Women’s March are organizing an across-the-board strike to flex the economic power American women hold. A growing number of celebrities come out in opposition of the White House. The Facebook discourse is endless. Even sports have become highly politicized.
- The Patriots made history, but not on the field. They won Super Bowl LI, their fifth victory. But the game was highly politicized due to Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft‘s insensitive display of privilege. Their not-so-casual, closet-door-is-ajar racism. And their teammates have noticed. Lifetime diehard fans noticed, and called them out on it. Conversations were had. The veil was lifted a little higher.
- Adele won the Grammy for Best Album, and refused to accept it. She said Beyonce should have gotten the award, and she was right. Yes, Adele should have gotten best song, but Beyonce won the album. Adele pulled a total Cady Heron and broke the award in half stage as a gesture of solidarity.
- Nordstrom followed in Uber’s footsteps and pulled back from promoting/selling Ivanka Trump’s products. This is beyond any party lines. Retailers are being forced to get political, and they aren’t aligning themselves with the Crybaby in Chief. Kellyanne Con-Job nearly lost her head and had an ethics meltdown on live television… and we’re only two months into the administration! The consumers are showing where their values lie by partaking in #GrabYourWallet, and the retailers are listening. The people in the Oval are cracking. Check out the #GrabYourWallet database here and help it crack a little more.
- People are coming together to defend immigrants and their right to be here. People are coming together to defend Muslims and stand against racism. And it makes them happy.